Skip to main content

Jeopardy Cheat Sheet

Dear Sunday School Class,

I hope you decided to prepare for our game of 183 Annual General Conference Jeopardy tomorrow, because if I win, I'm going to eat all of the treats.  


Here are things I would look up, or read about on the church's conference website, https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2013/04?lang=eng. 

Remember, you can use any of the notes you have in your class notebooks, but you can't use any phones, tablets, or ipods.

  • Who were the speakers during the sessions, their names, and leadership positions.
  • Any talks given by the Prophet, especially any interesting childhood stories.
  • The color of the choir's dresses and ties, and maybe the ties of the general authorities too while you're looking.
  • Someone used a book as a prop during his talk, I would write that down.
  • Statistics for last year that were given during Saturday Afternoon session, there might be multiple questions from those, and bonus points.
  • Did anyone else notice that Elder Uchtdorf wore two different ties on Sunday? I wonder what color they were?
  • Did you know my favorite Church movie is Finding Faith in Christ? http://youtu.be/49CMaFK3C0k 
  • I loved Elder Falabella's story about his wife and his trip to the United States to get sealed in the temple.
  • Did you see the YW session from the saturday before? If not you should check into Elder Uchtdorf and Sister Cook's talks.
  • I love reading and listening to the Priesthood Session talks, President Monson must know we're learning to be better teachers when he said, "Teach the truth with TESTIMONY."
  • And President Uchtdorf gave a great list of 4 roles the priesthood have. 

Good luck!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 for 30 - #30: Do something to my hair I've always wanted to do but never dared.

Thank you Jaquelin Stallings for suggesting this as my #30.  It is affordable, and it just so happens that for the last 8 years I talked about changing my hair every winter, but never did it.  I am not prejudice of people with brown hair, but when the weather changes, and things get cold and grey I always feel like coloring my hair brown because it makes me sad. I really like my blonde hair, and even more since my sister-in-law started taking care of it for me.  She is the best.  And luckily! She said she can fix it by my birthday so I was less afraid to take this one on.  I did it!! Before Blonde me.  After Brown hair me (with a strange look on my face) It turned out a little "warmer" than I anticipated, but it might fade out a little.  Guess we'll find out.  What do you think? Brown or blonde?

20 Things About Me

Joey, my sister, loves to fill out all of the random questionaires that come through email, or on blogs, and she likes everyone else to fill them out too. I normally don't participate, unless I just send it to her. But she tried to convince me that this is different and everyone should do it. So here are 20 random things about me that I thought about while ignoring my marketing teacher drone on about people with lots of money. You should fill it out too, its interesting to see what people think of to write. 1. I am not a little person. 2. Blonde hair makes me not sad and depressed. In the winter I always want brown hair because its dark and sad outside. 3. Sometimes I wish I could swim in a giant pile of books like Uncle McScrooge and his money. 4. Staring at nothing for extensive periods of time is one of my favorite past-times. 5. Computers try to make me love them, but I refuse to let them win. 6. I love water, just about everything about it. Drinking it, swimming in it, bei

Sugar.

I felt like making a special tribute to Sugar, my long time friend. From a very young age I began a relationship with this delightful substance. My mother would add Karo syrup to my formula, and we haven't been parted since. I think to say that I love sugar is an understatement. I love water, I love hotdogs, but Sugar?...I can't survive without it. Although avoiding diabetes could be impossible, I can't resist. Whether it's a brownie for breakfast, a little sugar packet while waiting for food at the restaurant, or what ever misc. sugar laced deliciousness I eat in my sleep I just can't let go. I can't say that I've never tried to stop, to break the connection that we have. It was a terrible experience, that left people wondering if I was really a coke addict (not the beverage). So our relationship will be life long, its either all or none of us, we'll go down together. Here's to you sugar, and your secret powers to brighten every day.